Barbara Kogen has comprehensive knowledge, experience and expertise in all phases of taxation, including:
- Business Taxation – Real estate and partnership taxation, corporate taxation, mergers and acquisitions, international taxation, capital recovery, tax-exempt entities, and tax planning for closely held businesses.
- High Net Worth Individuals – Multi-generational planning, divorce taxation and charitable giving.
- Estate, Gift and Trust Taxation – Estate and gift planning including the use of family limited partnerships and specialized trusts such as GRATS, CLTS, CRTS, QPRTS, and IDITS; complex estate and trust income tax returns, estate tax returns and gift tax returns.
Barbara regularly represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board.
Associations & Activities
- State Bar of California – Delegate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- CalCPA Los Angeles Chapter Estate Planning Committee
- American Bar Association
- ProSystem Fx – Former Co-chair of the User Advisory Board
- Baker Tilly International – Member of the Taxation Committee
- Russell Bedford International – International Board of Directors, Former member
- Frequent speaker on various aspects of taxation