Clients face a number of issues in interacting with tax agencies. Audits, other examinations, notices, voluntary disclosures and requests for determinations or rulings are best addressed with a seasoned professional at your side. Some clients wish to impact tax policy for themselves or their industries. Others seek certainty through private letter rulings, revenue rulings, or other administrative pronouncements.
Our team of tax professionals, experienced in dealing with tax agencies, is here to help with current issues you may be facing and can also work with you to develop a strategic plan to minimize risk in the future.
If you have been represented by another tax professional, or represented yourself before a tax agency, and you are not satisfied with the result, you may still be able to benefit from our experience. For example, if your audit has been completed, we may still be able to help. We also collaborate with taxpayers and their counsel through litigation support, tax and accounting analysis, and other services to support you in the best way possible.
We offer seasoned advisors experienced in addressing a wide range of tax disputes, ruling requests, and planning to minimize future risk. Some of the issues we are experts in addressing are:
- Tax audits
- Notice responses
- Tax agency appeals
- Requests for abatement of penalties
- Representation before the IRS and other tax agencies, state and local
- ASC 740 services to determine whether issues have been “effectively settled” for the subsequent recognition of unrecognized tax benefits
- Negotiation of offers in compromise and other issues related to tax agency collection efforts
- Innocent spouse relief
- Assistance from the Taxpayer Advocate
- Requests for private letter rulings and revenue rulings
- Preparation of comments to proposed regulations and other rule making
- Representation before IRS Appeals
- Representation before the U.S. Tax Court
Our experience includes requests for rulings from federal and state tax authorities, preparation of comments to proposed regulations and tax opinions regarding diverse tax issues for entities, fiduciaries, and individuals.