Michael is the partner-in-charge of the San Francisco office and has more than 30 years of experience performing licensing and royalty compliance services for intellectual property clients, and assurance services for private companies and nonprofits. He also provides clients with customs enforcement services.
He oversees the patent pool accounting and management for technology clients, and has supervised more than 100 audits of licensees across China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. In one such audit, he uncovered multiple sets of books which showed there was an excess of $10 million in underreported royalties.
Michael is often asked to speak and has written on intellectual property and licensing issues, including authoring a chapter in a book focused on licensing agreements for entertainment properties.
Have questions for Michael?
- State Bar of California, Intellectual Property Law Section – Speaker
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Global Intellectual Property Academy – Regional Anti-Counterfeiting Program for South Asia IPR Officials – Speaker
- Fiduciaries and Their Professional Advisors, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans – Contributing Author
- Basics of Licensing: How to Extend Brand and Entertainment Properties for Profit – Contributing Author
- The International Licensing Industry Merchandiser’s Association (LIMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting
Professional Development Program, Financial Management