Michael is the partner-in-charge of the San Francisco office and has more than 35 years of experience performing licensing, contract compliance, and trademark enforcement services for a wide variety of clients with particular focus on intellectual property. He also provides assurance services for private companies and nonprofits.
He oversees the joint venture accounting and management for technology clients, and has supervised more than 250 audits of licensees across China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and throughout Europe. In one such audit, he uncovered multiple sets of books which showed there was an excess of $10 million in underreported royalties.
Michael is often asked to speak and has written on intellectual property and licensing issues, including authoring a chapter in a book focused on licensing agreements for entertainment properties.
Have questions for Michael?
- State Bar of California, Intellectual Property Law Section – Speaker
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Global Intellectual Property Academy – Regional Anti-Counterfeiting Program for South Asia IPR Officials – Speaker
- Fiduciaries and Their Professional Advisors, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans – Contributing Author
- Basics of Licensing: How to Extend Brand and Entertainment Properties for Profit – Contributing Author
- The International Licensing Industry Merchandiser’s Association (LIMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting
Professional Development Program, Financial Management