For more than 30 years, David has been managing information for small and medium businesses including custom software development, systems management, and information security. As a former Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), David brings a holistic, highly integrated, and deeply disciplined view of technology management to his work. He provides his clients with information security management support while helping them achieve optimal usage of their technologies.
David’s experience extends to information technology, information security, and physical security. He honed his craft at a nonprofit, in the corporate realm, at a university, and as a consultant. He is a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt from ASQ and has also achieved ITIL Foundations, CNE, MCSE, CCNA, CCDA and Network+ certifications. David excels at bringing these disparate disciplines together into a coherent and efficient practice for his clients.
An award-winning CIO and lead of the firm’s Information Security group, David has written many articles on information security management, as well as co-authored a book about how to better communicate effectively. He has taught multiple college extension classes and presented at numerous conferences on technology, information security and physical security, as well.
Outside of work, he runs the Los Angeles CISO forum which works together to improve the craft of information security.
Have questions for David?
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt from ASQ
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Communication Network Engineering (CNE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Design Association (CCDA)
- Network+ Certification
- Certified Stakeholder Centered Coach
- Los Angeles Business Journal – Recipient of the Top CIO of the Year (Nonprofit division), 2014
- The New IQ: Leading Up, Down, and Across Using Innovative Questions – Co-author
- ASIS Protection of Assets Manual, chapters on Information Security – Co-author
- ASIS Information Technology Security Council (ITSC) – Certification Subcommittee Chair
- ISSA-LA – former VP
- ISSA-LA Information Security Summit – former Chair
- Certificate of College Honors
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa
Bachelor of Arts, English