For investors, executives, individuals, and their families, we provide strategic tax planning to help make sure your wealth is protected – now and for generations to come.
Our services include:
- Wealth preservation strategies
- Business succession or transfer planning
- Establishing trusts
- Tax compliance
- Family office services
Estates, Gifts, and Trusts
Miller Kaplan’s estate, gift, and trust planning services offer an integrated approach that balances clients’ wishes for intergenerational wealth transfer and asset protection with related business and capital accumulation goals.
Many of the individual clients with whom we work have enjoyed the tax and consulting services we have provided to their companies. We are experts at managing the unique estate planning issues that arise in closely-held and family-owned businesses.
Our partners provide a full range of estate planning and trust services and strategies, including:
- Estate, Gift, and Trust Planning
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs)
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLTs)
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Dynasty Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs)
- Restructured Business Assets
- Private Foundations
- Donor Advised Funds
When creating personalized estate plans for clients, Miller Kaplan seeks the optimal blend of tax minimization, flexibility, and retention of asset control. Our experience helps us guide clients in creating estate, gift, and trust plans that address the full lifecycle of wealth management and transfer.
Issues we take into consideration when planning include risk tolerance and management, insurance planning and retirement goals, and regulatory compliance. We perform this planning while upholding our clients’ wishes for their financial legacies.
Estate planning often requires coordination with our clients’ other advisors, such as lawyers and investment advisors. Miller Kaplan is experienced in collaborating with existing teams of advisors.
We offer expert technical knowledge and an ability to address the goals of a client or client group within families. We help you:
- Minimize taxes while ensuring compliance
- Enhance, preserve, and diversify net-worth
- Plan business succession and transfer – to pass the maximum value to future generations
- Create, manage, and optimize family offices
We provide independent advice free of the conflict-of-interest or regulatory restraints that insurance advisors, investment advisors, and bankers may have. We do not sell products to our clients. Your interests are the only interests we consider when advising you. As a trusted and licensed third-party advisor, we contribute to better results from a group of advisors.
We offer diverse services including:
- Expert income tax compliance services
- Proactive tax planning
- Coordination of tax and financial strategies
- Planning and collaboration with other advisors
- Preparation of cash-flow projections and life plans
- International tax and estate planning for expatriate U.S. citizens and foreign nationals
- Family office and private accounting services
- Tax and financial planning around marital dissolution, death, and disability
Creators, Producers, Inventors, and Athletes
Creating something new can be a lot of fun, but it can also create a lot of new tax implications for you. We can help you navigate this uncharted territory, claim what’s rightfully yours, and assist you in setting up your business for long-term success.