Mannon (Manny) Kaplan lead and expanded the firm by introducing practice specializations and a belief in the power of teamwork. He took on the role of managing partner in 1977 and served in the accounting profession for more than 50 years.
His specialization in the area of employee benefit plans earned him a reputation as a national authority and a position on the committee that created the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Guide for Audits of Employee Benefit Plans, which is now used as the basis for employee benefit plan practices today.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans – Accountants’ Committee, Former chairman
- The Valley Economic Alliance – Executive Committee
- Patron’s Association of Los Angeles Valley College – Past president
- United Way
Bachelor of Business Administration