Julia provides tax advice and tax controversy representation to all of the firm’s clients – individuals, closely held businesses, public agencies, foundations, trusts, and fiduciaries. Her work includes preparation of tax opinions, requests for private letter rulings, tax controversy, foundation and trust administration, project management, and consulting.
Julia advises lawyers and litigants – plaintiffs, enforcement agencies, and defendants on the tax issues raised by settlements, judgments and other results from litigation and administrative enforcement actions. She is one of two partners responsible for our firm’s role as Tax Administrator for the US Securities and Exchange Commission Fair Funds and for other Qualified Settlement Funds.
Serving as Vice-Chair, Julia is a member of the American Bar Association’s Impartial Courts Committee as well as the Privacy and Information Protection Committee; both committees are part of the Association’s Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice. She is admitted to practice law in all of the courts of the State of California, the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, and 9th Circuit Court of Appeal.
A sought after Continuing Legal Education (CLE) lecturer, guest speaker, and author, Julia is also an active leader in the nonprofit communities where she lives and works.
Have questions for Julia?
- E. Smythe Gambrel award from the American Bar Association (ABA), for contributions to legal education for co-authoring “All in a Day’s Work”
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association, Board Member, Officer, and Member since 1985
- San Francisco General Hospital Foundation, Board Member 2007-2009, 2018-present
- Audubon Canyon Ranch, Board Member 1994-1997
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, Member 2018-present, Board of Directors 2020-present
- American Bar Association, Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice: Impartial Courts Committee, Vice-Chair 2021-present
- American Bar Association, Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice: Privacy and Information Protection Committee, Vice-Chair 2021-present
School of Law, J.D.
Bachelor of Arts, History