Michael Kaplan serves businesses, private enterprises and high net worth individuals in a diverse range of industries, including entertainment, apparel, real estate, manufacturing and distribution, and natural resources. With client engagements spanning the full spectrum of tax, accounting, and business advisory services, Michael customizes business strategies that support clients’ goals through all stages of company growth and economic cycles. This includes advising on appropriate entity selection, real estate purchases, tax credits, financing opportunities and strategic planning for acquisitions, divestitures, succession and wind down.
Michael leads Miller Kaplan Arase LLP’s business management services and was included in Variety’s “Business Managers Elite Report” in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 in recognition of his advisory services to artists, musicians, and other entertainment industry clients. His open and effective communication style with clients was recently highlighted by The Hollywood Reporter, which recently recognized Michael as a “Power Business Manager.” In addition, the San Fernando Valley Business Journal honored Michael with a 2012 Trusted Advisors Award, which included this comment from his client: “We don’t view him as an accountant but more as an advisor on helping strategize in your business and the direction the business is taking.”
Michael maintains an active profile in business-related media and associations, as well as in community organizations.
Associations & Activities
- Variety – Named to “Business Managers Elite” list in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- The Hollywood Reporter – Named to annual “Power Business Managers” lists in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2016
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal – Recipient of Valley’s Most Trusted Advisors Award 2012
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal – Named a “40 Under 40” Business Professional
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal’s “10 Years of Business Excellence Industry Award 2006”
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Motion Picture & Television Fund’s Professional Advisory Network