Vincent Leoni is a partner with Miller Kaplan Arase LLP in Los Angeles. He has over 29 years of experience performing entertainment consulting, royalty/contract compliance and profit participation examinations. Vincent performs these services on behalf of licensors, owners of intellectual property film studios, production companies, recording artists, music publishers, profit participants and software developers.
In addition to his work in the US, Vincent has traveled extensively throughout the world, performing a number of licensee exams on behalf of major trademark licensors in Asia, Europe and Australia. Vincent has provided litigation support services on behalf of profit participants and licensors, and on multiple occasions has analyzed income streams in order to determine damages and the appropriate share of profits, revenues and royalties due participants. He has also been called upon to serve as an expert witness testifying in the Superior Court of the State of California.
Associations & Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Licensing Executive Society (LES) – Lecturer and moderator
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants Entertainment Division – Lecturer and moderator
- Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association (LIMA) – Coauthored and presented “Royalty Reporting Risks and Red Flags” webinar
- National Association of Recording Arts and Sciences – Panelist on royalties and royalty participation
- Institute of Internal Auditors Authored and presented Royalty Compliance: Licensing Reporting Risks
- The Riemer Organization – Panelist on royalties and royalty participation
- Association of Independent Music Publishers – Panelist on royalties and royalty participation