Andrew Koski is a partner specializing in royalty and participation inspections for licensing, royalties, profit participation and contract compliance for film, television, music, consumer products and multimedia. He is a contributing author to an authoritative licensing guide, and instructs classes and speaks on emerging issues related to royalties.
His professional background includes considerable in-house and consulting experience with entertainment studios and networks. Andrew served as an Audit Director for a major television production studio where he assisted in the implementation of both SAP and SOX. Andrew has also served as an Audit Manager for a major television network where he supervised compliance inspections and led the network’s response to an industry wide survey quantifying the overall revenues and expenses for all programs. In addition, Andrew’s special projects have included the analysis of tax incentives, distribution acquisitions, development costs and production overhead. Prior to the entertainment industry, Andrew held an unlimited oceans Master license and served in various shoreside positions including Port Captain, Harbor Pilot and Operations Manager.
Associations & Activities
- Basics of Licensing: How to Extend Brand and Entertainment Properties for Profit – Contributing author
- Basics of Licensing: Licensee Edition: How to Use Entertainment, Brand and Sports Licenses to Generate Profit – Contributing author
- State Bar of California Minimum Continuing Legal Education, 2011 – Present: MCLE Multiple Activity Provider
- Licensing Industry Merchandiser’s Association (LIMA) 2015: Instructor for Certified Licensing Executive Program
- The Licensing Show 2015 & 2016 Las Vegas: “Accounting Considerations in Licensing”
- San Diego Sports and Entertainment Lawyers 2015: “Accounting Considerations in Licensing”
- International Trademark Association (INTA) 2014: “Accounting Considerations in Licensing”
- San Diego Sports and Entertainment Lawyers 2013: “Accounting Considerations in Licensing”
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2013: “Anatomy of a License, Best Practices Panel”
- Animation and VFX Summit 2013: “The Business of Show Business”
- NASABA 2011: “Lawyers Behind the Stars”
- University of California, Los Angeles: “Production Accounting for Film and Television,” “Production Accounting for the Non-Accountant,” – Former instructor of UCLA Extension courses
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants